Springfield Spring & Stamping’s magazine springs are manufactured to your exact specifications and available in quantities from single units into the millions.
At Springfield Spring & Stamping, wire diameters can range from .008″ to .135″ (.201 to 3.4 mm). Magazine springs can be crafted in many materials, from high-temperature alloys to music wire, with an equally expansive variety of coatings to choose from.
Why Choose Us?
Springfield Spring & Stamping is committed to helping you get the custom magazine springs you need. Through our MagMed program, our engineers can identify alternative materials, tolerances, and manufacturing methods to make your custom spring production more economical.
Engineered Ammunition Delivery Systems
Some call it a Magazine Spring, we refer to them as Engineered Ammunition Delivery Systems.
Using state-of-the-art CNC-controlled machinery and Solidworks CAD software, Springfield Spring & Stampings Engineering and Production Teams have developed an innovative magazine spring qualification program capable of helping customers significantly reduce the amount of time necessary to bring new magazine springs to the market. Our MAGMED program offers:
- Rapid Prototyping – 1 to 2 weeks to optimize form, fit & function
- Magazine Spring design assistance (All Calibers / Multiple Rounds)
- Material selection (High Tensile Missile Music Wire, 17-7 Stainless Steel)
- Single & Double Stack Configurations
- CAD-based drawing assistance
- OEM Reverse Engineering
- Dynamic & Static Load Testing
- Surface coatings (Passivation – Dry Film Lubrication – Black Oxide)
- Special packaging to minimize entanglement
Magazine Spring FAQs
What material types are available for magazine springs?
Magazine springs can be made from any of the following materials:
- Music Wire
- High Tensile Music Wire
- Pre Tin-Coated Music Wire
- Hard Drawn MB
- Oil Tempered
- Stainless Steel
- Phosphor Bronze
- Beryllium Copper
- High Temperature Alloys
- Chrome Vanadium
What are wire diameter capabilities for compression springs?
Our wire diameter capabilities range from 0.008″ to 0.135″
Wire Diameter Min.
Wire Diameter Max.
What file types are acceptable for submitting a drawing?
We utilize CADKEY Creator and can translate most of the common CAD files for use. Here is a complete list of file formats we can work with:
- AutoCAD (DWG and DXF)
- Bit Mapped Graphics
- Graphics Interchange Format
- JPG or JEPG
- Joint Photographic Experts Group
- Tagged Image File Format
Do you have the capabilities for secondary finishes on magazine springs?
Yes, all of our components can have additional processing based on the end application requirements. Some examples of secondary finishes for magazine springs are as follows:
- Black Oxide
- Color Code
- Gold Plating
- Manganese Phosphate
- Nickel Plating
- Phosphate w/ Oil
- Powder Coated
- Zinc (Clear and Yellow)
Interested in a secondary process not listed above? Reach out to our team and we can discuss together.
What spring and stamping manufacturing equipment do you have?
A complete list of our equipment is as follows:
- Itaya MX-10, MX-20, RX-20 CNC Spring Forming Machines
- Primera Precision ZX-250 CNC Spring and Wire Formers
- Vinston CCM-12-236 R, CMM-12-450 R Camless Multi-Axis Rotary Wire Spring Formers
- Nilson Four Slide 4 Ton, 5 Ton, 7 Ton, and 20 Ton
- Bihler MK3 – B20-01-0001 Servo-controlled Stamping and Forming Machine
- Fenn-Torin FZ Series CNC Spring Coilers
- Moyer CNC Spring Grinders
- MicroStudio MC54-30 Automated Setting and Sorting Machine
- Tool and Die fabrication. CNC Machining, Wire EDM
Do you provide secondary services such as PPAPs for magazine springs?
Yes! Our team has experience conducting PPAPs. We also offer Pre-Qualifying Engineering Cost Reduction Programs, Statistical Process Control (SPC), and Automotive FMEA.
What volumes are available?
Our volumes range from a single piece prototype to production volumes in the millions to everything in between.
Learn more about what critical to function means to us
It’s not just a stamping, it’s not just a wireform, it’s not just a spring. It HAS to work. You can’t risk your medical or defense product to not work every time. At Springfield Spring, we partner with your team to solve your most complex problems. Our products are tested and engineered to work every time as they’re supposed to function. We strive to make the best springs, stampings, wireforms and fourslide parts.